Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting through the day.

"These behaviors are not maladaptive. They help me get through the day."- Dr Dean Ornish on self destructive behavior


Adam Kimmel presents: Claremont HD from adam kimmel on Vimeo.
I have been thinking about the book "Detroit: I Do Mind Dying". It's the history of The League of Revolutionary Black Workers. The League was a militant Black community based alternative to the United Auto Worker's Union. League leaders were regular guys off the assembly line. They were working 54 hours a week, "dancing with the devil in hell". They were popular with young Black workers, but a lot of old timers were alienated by name calling language. Calling a respected old time union officer a "handkerchief headed Uncle Tom" is going to make you some enemies.

So, lately, I've been getting up at 3:30 in the morning and getting home at 6:30 at night. I'm tired, I'm cranky and I say things I probably shouldn't. If I've said something dumb, mean, offensive or hurtful I apologize. I might have to do something really crazy if things continue this way. Hopefully it will be fun and crazy.

The guys in this video might be crazy, but they seem to be having fun. Fun will ward off craziness. Even if fun is a little crazy.

The Rubber Room - Porter Wagoner

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed