Sunday, December 14, 2008

How We Celebrate Christmas


The guy with the sign is a famous SF crazy person. He is clean and and walks around with his sign.

There are lots of filthy miserable crazy people suffering on the street, but in SF there are a fair number of well cared for crazy people. There's the guy who commutes on the ferry from Marin every morning. He sits at the end of the California Street cable car line and shouts gibberish.

There used to be the guy who walked up and down Lombard Street and cursed the buses. One time I was sitting in traffic while he stood by the door to my bus and shouted. I opened the door and listened to him, "You suck!! Your bus company is shit!!!"

After a minute or two, I said, "That's not true. I'm a great guy. We're a wonderful bunch of people." After that, he still screamed curses at me, but if I caught his eye, he would nod to me.

I'm so tired of getting up in the dark and coming home in the dark and spending all of my time at work. I think I might like walking around being crazy as a change of pace.

Thanks to the good people at Big Rock Candy Mountain, here's my new favorite Christmas Song.

1 comment:

JustFrankie said...

HOORAY FOR THE 7 GALAXIES GUY!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed