Friday, October 23, 2009

Total sleep time so far this week is 20 hours. I had an asthma attack Tuesday that kept me awake all night. Had to go to work. Now until mid December, if I am late or absent I lose my job. I made inquiries about retiring right now. There's not enough money there. If I thought I could get another job, I'd do it but just lately a lot of people would do a lot of things if they could get another job.

I suppose I should consider myself fortunate that I am only in the kind of trouble that goes away in a few weeks. I know people who have never missed a day's work. I will never be one of them.

Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White- The Standells (Buy)

Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White- Hypstrz (Buy)

Today's musical selection is for Billy Foster in Los Angeles.

Extra big bonus another Hypstrz track. Hypstrz were America's only punk rock oldies band. Here they are covering another Standells classic.

Riot On Sunset Strip- Hypstrz (Buy)

4 comments:

@eloh said...

Hey Jon, I wish I had some good words of encourgement. I was by here and read last night but haven't been commenting much lately, just tired and can't see the keyboard in the dark.

It seems as if they want to discourge you into quitting to save themselves a few bucks down the line.

Your driver said...

Hey @eloh. We're a pair of worn out old things ain't we? It is always good to hear from you.

ib said...

I've always been quite fond of the Standells' "Dirty Water".

20 hours sleep a week is pushing it and then some. I don't know what to say. Try to keep a clear head and above all don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Birdsong said...

Sleep deprivation is awful, Jon. I hope you can quiet your mind.

Listening to the Hypstrz might be keeping you a little on the edge. What great taste they had to cover the Standells. Fun stuff, but maybe you should try a little meditation music.

I can imagine you screaming, no get that new age stuff away from me....

Well, don't lose your edge, but at least remember to take a few deep breaths....

Peace, love & music,
Laura

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed