Sunday, May 17, 2009


Have you ever wondered why God made the mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex with such tiny forelegs? They allowed T Rex to play the ukulele. The most convincing proof of intelligent design I've heard.

I'm back online with some misgivings. During my few internet free days I had more free time than I have had in years. Things got done effortlessly and I almost got enough sleep. I'm looking to cut way, way back on the internet. If you are one of the the two or three people who have blogs and read this thing, no fear, I will continue to follow your adventures.

Once again, it's Sunday and I don't feel like going to church. I am, however concerned about the fate of your eternal soul. Towards the salvation of your eternal soul, I present the following:

First, Jesus is friends with artsy, gay, New York City heroin addicts.

Jesus- The Velvet Underground (buy)

Second, Jesus is drinking in the back of the bus.

Get Right With Jesus- The Yayhoos (buy)

So look, am I serious about this Jesus stuff? It's like this, yes I am entirely serious, but no, you don't have to take me seriously. I am absolutely for sure that Jesus hangs out with artsy, gay New York City heroin addicts and guys who drink in the back of the bus.

Do me a favor Jesus, take your empties with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the vast amount of time given over to the virtual world of the internet is also a concern of mine. it creeps up on you like most habits. i think as with all good things to be able to say no from time to time is necessary. i intend doing that in june with internet confined to a single day per week. our time is precious, we have to be sure we are using it in the way that is really what we want not just what we are used to.

@eloh said...

I hear ya loud and clear. I am still rather shocked (with myself) at how attached I have become and deeply worry about (people) who are for all intents and purposes . . . little bits of light on a screen.

Only been one blog world about a month, I ought to be a real mess by the end of month two.

I often sing "Drop Kick Me Jesus Through The Goal Posts Of Life" quietly, very quietly to myself.

I took more food out to my friend today (funeral food) and said a bad word. I apologised profusely, she laughed and said " I was glad to hear you say it, it means you are finally getting back to being yourself."

Maybe I should clue her in about my blog. . .

ib said...

My son - a connoisseur of all things Jurassic, especially the big boys - thought your quip with the ukulele riotously funny. I did too.

Do not be surprised if by lunchtime it is circulating the schoolyard...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed