Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stairway To Heaven



I need a custom made double neck ukulele.

Clicking on the title will take you to Ukulele Boogaloo's lyric and chord chart for Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'.

I can't begin to tell you what a kick this song is when played on the ukulele. I really like the damn thing. It was a song of my very young manhood. I had just graduated from high school and was working as a fork lift driver in a home improvement store in Paramus, New Jersey. I had no idea what life had in store for me, but I was sure it did not involve Paramus, or even New Jersey. Meanwhile, all of my suburban home boys were listening to Stairway to Heaven. I hated the fucking thing. I spent a lot of time in the East Village buying vintage cowboy shirts, eating falafel and drinking beer. I kept hearing about a band called the New York Dolls. I knew a lot of young heroin addicts. The Dolls were popular with college kids and heroin addicts. I was neither. I listened to Merle Haggard. To my lasting regret, I was right on the verge of consecrating my life to beer and trotskyism. It's taken more than thirty years to straighten that out. I've changed my mind about Stairway to Heaven too.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed