Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ukulele Dub


I never would have thought it possible but here's a dub version of Lee 'Scratch' Perry's "Ne Run Down", played on the ukulele.

I'm rather pleased with myself, because I figured out a strummed, rather than finger picked, version of the basic riff that the song is built around. I did it on my new Waverly Street ukulele. For some reason, I'm finding it hard to blog about that instrument. It's beautiful, hand made and painted, with a sound all it's own. Maybe I'll write something later today.

2 comments:

ib said...

Leaving aside the ukulele for a second, it's good to see you accompanying Lee Perry. And at least I spelled ukulele right this time around! Upsetters! Nice playing.

ib said...

Great video, too. Sean Bokencamp ? The Velvet Underground holiday it up at Black Ark, Kingston.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed