Monday, June 9, 2008

The sword


This is the Texas death chamber but here in California we kill a lot of people too.

I've always thought that government executions were an especially shitty and evil institution. Just to remind you how creepy the whole thing is, I've added a widget that gives information on a particularly stupid or unjust execution for that day.

Then there's the Texas Department of Criminal Justice executed offenders website. You can read last words like these:

"Uh, I don't know, Um, I don't know what to say. I don't know. (pauses) I didn't know anybody was there. Howdy."

Please, before anyone jumps in to tell me that murderers are bad people; Do we have to make it all official by killing someone else? Even if he's a real bad person? And by the way, what makes you so sure that you're more human than they are?

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed